A car is a vehicle used for the purpose of transportation, every vehicle which runs on the road has its own unique Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Therefore is also known as the body number. VIN is a unique number with seventeen characters used to identify the particular vehicle by its unique number. However, VIN is a code used to identify the vehicles similar as DNA code for a human.
A VIN (Vehicle identification number) consists of 17 digit code of letters and numbers helps in identifying a car uniquely; it acts as a car DNA. However, each section of the code describes a specific part of the vehicle; it will explain about the year, model, and engine size and in which country it was bought and gives details about the car was made. Therefore, VIN carries both the features for owners and manufacturers.
Why do VIN concerns?
VIN numbers are important and give information about your car. However, it will keep in mind to identify the correct vehicle on the site. If the service provider wants to know about the history of the vehicle, then he uses the VIN number. Therefore they even can find out the service and accident history records. When the vehicle is stolen than VIN number will help you to find the vehicle.Sponsored Links:
How to find your car VIN number
If you want to look your car’s VIN number at the front side of the dashboard of the driver’s side of the vehicle. Therefore, then, it will be seen from the outside of the car, looking in through the windshield at the area where the hood ends and the windshield begins. If you cannot see the VIN there, then you have to open the driver’s side door at the door post it will latch when it is closed. You can even see that the VIN number is displayed in this location.
Decode the VIN
If you believe that vehicle identification number (VIN) is just a series of random characters. However, each and every character in the VIN number is highly prearranged code by its own meaning. When you decode this code is a hobby for some car, collectors who want to buy cars of first or last cars to come off an assembly line.
Decoding a sample VIN
IF your vehicle manufactured before 1981 than it might have some characters than today’s standards of the VIN of 17 characters
1 H G B H 4 1 J X M N 1 0 9 1 8 6
1 – Indicates the details where the vehicle was built.
H G -Designates the vehicle manufacturer.
B H 4 1 J – explains about the vehicle’s brand, engine size, and type.
X – Denotes a vehicle security code.
M- Describes the year of the vehicle.
N- Specifies which plant assembled the vehicle.
1 0 9 1 8 6 – Displays the serial number of the vehicle.
How the VIN number composed?
VIN number is consists of three parts those are explained below
- The first part of the three characters WMI explains about the vehicle manufacturer those are person, company, or corporation.
- The second part is to identify the VDS of the vehicle which is of six characters and controls the features of the vehicles.
- The third part is a distinctive (VIS) which is of six characters which bind last four digits. If the manufacturer specifies in the exact part, year and plant then it recommends that to place the year at the first place and the plant code in the second.
VIN number allows the Arabic digits and the large Latin letters those are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0 and: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, N, P, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z with the exception of the letters: I,O,Q.
International standards of ISO
You can see some of the list of the international standards of ISO 3779-1982 that was approved in the year of 1982
- Egypt, Arab Republic,
- New Zealand
- Germany (RFN)
- South Africa
- China, Republic of China
- South Korea
- Czech Republic
- What is Unique Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- 2018 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Review, Price in India, Launch Date & Specs
- 2018 Audi SQ7 Price in India, Features and Speculation
- 2018 Mahindra SsangYong Tivoli, Specs, Features, Mileage, Price in India
- New Mitsubishi Outlander, Price in India, Feature, Specs 2017